Pages

unable to get internet connectivity using Tim Horton's WiFi

I've been unable to get internet connectivity using Tim Horton's WiFi on my MacBook Pro.
I can select the Tim Horton network but when I launch my browser nothing happens.

I've cleared cache and cookies, restarted laptop and a few other things, Not able to get on the Internet no matter what I do., My iPhone -was- able to connect without issue. This is odd isn't it?

I've tried Safari and Chrome to no avail, I am being given an IP address but get  no further than that, The Tim Horton's join network page never shows up. Nothing.

This has happened to me at 3 different Tim Horton's.

I use my laptop at -countless- hot spots and have -never- had a connection issue... only at Tim Hortons.



I don't know what's going on but something is  not right. It just happened to me this morning. I left Tim Hortons and went to Panera. BOOM. Instantly online.. Same with McDonalds which is right across the street from Panera. I can get on both places. But not Tim Horton's. Any ideas why?

I don't know if this helps, but I did capture a log of the attempt to get online...



3 comments:

  1. Anonymous11/24/2014

    All of these silly free AP's limit you to 20 minutes by the MAC address.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5/21/2022

    I Tim Hortons doesn’t want anyone use laptop in their stores

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8/02/2022

    Yep same here, only happens at Tim Hortons. Starbucks, McDonald's no issues.

    ReplyDelete


Canada Internet Service Review Discussion Group
InternetCanada@groups.io
Canada 🇨🇦 Internet Service Review
https://groups.io/g/InternetCanada